The Behringer S32 Digital Snake I/O Box takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the talent monitor. It provides 32 fully programmable, remotely controllable high-end mic preamps, 16 analog, balanced XLR returns at the stage end, and connects to the FOH through a single CAT5 cable without the need for a dedicated router.
This I/O box is designed with multiple scenarios in mind; it works equally well as a stand-alone pair for use with analog mixing consoles, or as part of the trio of a digital mixing solution along with the X32 digital mixer and P16 personal monitoring system. It is a 32-in and 16-out stage box that features AES50 networking with the Klark Teknik SuperMAC technology.
The 32 Midas-designed XLR inputs are fully programmable and remote controllable from the X32 digital mixer. The 16 balanced XLR outputs provide ample sends to the stage for mains and monitoring. The front panel offers indicators for phantom power and AES50 sync. Additionally, a Mute-All-Inputs button quietens all inputs when connecting an input cable.
The dual AES50 jacks allow transmission of all audio and MIDI data to the X32 FOH with a single Ethernet cable, and also allow up to two S32s to be cascaded for maximum channel count. In this scenario, 64 bi-directional audio channels at 24-bit / 48 kHz can be transferred on just one CAT5 line between the FOH console and the stage, including 48 analog inputs from stage, 32 analog outputs on stage, as well as the 16 Ultranet channels, MIDI data, and head amp remote control.
An additional Ultranet output provides 16 channels for use with the P16 Personal Monitoring System through the Ethernet cable, allowing each musician to dial in his or her own custom mix from the stage. A pair of ADAT ports can carry additional sends to the stage beyond the 16 analog outputs, or split the 16 inputs. Lastly, a USB jack allows for future firmware updates.
Stand-Alone Snake Mode
Seamless Integration with P16 Personal Monitoring System
Klark Teknik AES50
- 48 bi-directional audio channels over CAT5 cable (48 kHz)
- 24 bi-directional audio channels over CAT5 cable (96 kHz)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration, total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
- 32 Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 16 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik’s SuperMAC networking capability for low jitter and latency
- Up to 328’ (100m) networking capability via CAT5e cable (sold separately)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading units; no merger or router required
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- Two AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), e.g. for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Mute-All-Inputs function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- MIDI in / out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Planet Earth switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 to 240V), noise-free audio, superior transient response, and low power consumption for energy saving
- Built like a tank, yet compact; all-steel 3U rack-mount chassis
- High-quality components and rugged construction ensure long life