The Sennheiser XSW-D PEDALBOARD SET is a gig-ready, low-latency, wireless guitar system that's as easy to use as a guitar cable, while still providing the freedom of digital wireless. The XSW-D puts world-renowned Sennheiser sound quality into a plug-and-play, 1-button digital system that anyone can operate. Plug it in, power it up, and you're immediately up and playing, simplifying your setup so you can concentrate on performing with confidence.
The XSW-D PEDALBOARD SET comes with a miniaturized 1/4" plug-on instrument transmitter. The pedalboard receiver includes a built-in tuner and direct box, which add versatility to your rig, while saving valuable space. The system connects to any guitar/bass amplifier, pedal, stage box, or mixing board, capturing the full range of your instrument without compromising your tone—on stage, at home, or in rehearsals.
Unboxing the System
- The exceptionally lightweight and low-profile 1/4" plug-on transmitter plugs directly into the output on your guitar or instrument.
- For a less obtrusive appearance, you can use the included belt clip and extension cable to attach the transmitter to your waist or strap. The extension cable can also be used when the transmitter doesn't fit in a specific instrument.
- The compact pedalboard receiver features a 1/4" instrument output to connect to your amplifier or pedal, as well as a DI output on a balanced XLR connection. There is also an onboard tuner with an LED display for visual confirmation, and a footswitch to mute your instrument when tuning.
- You're ready to turn it on and play—it's that easy.
Plug In, Turn On: It Works
- The 1-button, 1-LED concept with single-button interface and status indicator effortlessly handles power and linking tasks for you.
- The receiver and transmitter are pre-paired at the factory so when you turn on the system, it works—without the need for any additional button pressing.
Step Up to Sennheiser Sound Quality
- Sennheiser wireless systems are an industry standard, prized by professionals for their clarity and reliability. The XSW-D system allows first-time and budget-conscious users to get their hands on genuine Sennheiser sound quality without breaking the bank.
- Analog wireless systems need to squash your signal to operate in the FM band, resulting in a thin sound with a high noise floor. The XSW-D uses digital technology to preserve the dynamic range of your signal and deliver a crisp, clean, guitar sound with all the nuances of your performance.
- On stage, timing is critical, and the XSW-D uses the aptX Live codec to deliver an impressively low latency of 3.9ms, so you don't experience any lag when playing—keeping you on point and in the groove.
Easy 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Nothing ruins a take like hearing the weather report coming through your amp. Unlike traditional analog wireless systems, the XSW-D digital system operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, protecting the integrity of your signal from interruptions and dropouts caused by TV channels, radios, or other sources.
- Thanks to Sennheiser's channel allocation and interference management technology, the system selects the best operating frequency and automatically switches to a clean channel to provide reliable transmission at a distance up to 250' line of sight.
Expand Your System as Your Needs Grow
- The functionality of this XSW-D PEDALBOARD SET can easily be expanded by adding XSW-D Series transmitters and receivers, as your needs evolve.
- With this set, adding the XSW-D 1/4" plug-on receiver gives you a streamlined option without the tuner and DI, which plugs directly into your amp (or pedal).
- If your band wants to go wireless, up to five musicians can each use an XSW-D system on the same stage.
License-Free Operation Worldwide
- Because the XSW-D system operates in the license-free 2.4 GHz band, you don't have to worry about local licensing laws, frequency coordination, and other technical hassles.
- Simply let the system pick a channel for you and start recording, whether you're working at home or anywhere in the world.
- Eco-friendly USB-rechargeable lithium-ion batteriy on the transmitter—1-hour charging to reach 50% of battery time
- 5-hour total battery life means you don't have to recharge your system mid-show
- Conveniently recharge transmitter batteries via USB while in operation or during breaks throughout the day
- Pedalboard receiver is powered via included power adapter
- Mute from either transmitter or receiver
- Multi-pairing lets you quickly switch between multiple transmitters linked to one receiver (note that only one transmitter can broadcast to one receiver at a time)
Sennheiser PEDALBOARD SET Specs
|2.400 to 2.483 GHz
|<4 ms with aptX Live Codec
|250' / 76.2 m (Line of Sight)
|Simultaneous Operation of Units
|Up to 5 Systems Simultaneously
|10 Hz to 18 kHz
|GFSK with TDMA
|-10 to 55° C / 14 to 131° F
|1/4" Plug-On Transmitter
|1/4" / 6.3 mm TS, Male, Foldable (90°)
|RF Output Power
|Instrument-Level Input Only
|Type: Built-In, USB-Rechargeable, Lithium-Ion
Battery Life: 5 Hours
Charging Time: 3 Hours (Typical)
Charging Cycles: Up to 1000 Cycles
Nominal Voltage: 3.7 V
Cell Capacity: 850 mAh
Input Voltage: 5.0 V (Typical)
Charging Temperature: 32 to 140° F / 0 to 60° C
|4.8 x 0.9 x 1.1" / 122 x 24 x 28 mm
|Not Specified by Manufacturer
|Instrument: 1/4" / 6.3 mm TS, Male
|Audio Output Level
|Instrument: -12 dBu, Consumer Line Level (Maximum)
DI: Mic Level
|5.1 x 3.2 x 2.0" / 130 x 82 x 51 mm
|Not Specified by Manufacturer
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|9.5 x 9 x 3"